Friday, July 8, 2011

Aubrey and the purple crayon

I'm sure you've heard the story of Harold and the Purple Crayon. Well Aubrey put a new spin on it. Let's just call it Aubrey and the purple crayon UP HER NOSE. Yes she had the entire tip of the crayon broken off from the label up stuffed up her nose. Try as I might, I could not get a hold of that thing to pull it out. Off to the ER we went. They wrapped her up, pinned her down, poked and sucked but no go. He got out a small piece but he didn't want to further traumatize her so he sent us off to the ENT. My first instinct before we went to the ER was to call the ENT but I knew they were booked out for months and I figured they would just tell us to go to the ER. They sprayed a little numbing spray vasoconstrictor up her nose and had us wait about 10 minutes. Then Dr. Ramirez strapped her to a board and with some forceps to hold her nose open he reached in and gently pulled out the Purple Crayon. I was shocked by how easy it was for him and how large the piece of crayon was. I just hope that the popsicle, sticker and lollipop were'nt enticing enough to do it again.

2 comments:

Hilary Marquis said...

Oh Aubrey! You are such a silly girl. Don't scare mommy like that!

Brenna said...

Oh no! So glad they finally got it out! Kids keep us on our toes.