If you have been following us on our new adventure, you know that Jeremy and I have been working toward our foster care license. Well, in the last 2 weeks we have finished up our training and moved on campus into the CASA home. We started transitioning our 3 foster children over last Friday. The children are 2, 3 and 4 years old and will spend their first night with us tonight. The first day, they spent an hour and a half here and did not want to go back to the shelter. Each day, we extended their time here and they are getting very excited about their new rooms. I decorated them with pretty floral bedding for the girls and cars and trucks for the boy. We can't wait to get them settled in and into a routine. So here is where the moment of panic comes in.
Every week we receive emailed program updates from our adoption agencies. This morning, I opened up the update for last week. Between the 10th and 14th, our agency received 1 new referral for a baby boy. 2 families accepted referrals and 1 family got their travel call. Here is the panic. The family who received their travel call only waited 3 months. That means their paperwork went in around the 10th of May. Oh wait, ours went in the 15th of May. Immediately, I email my agency to find out if there were any special circumstances that allowed them to get their travel call in 3 months when we were told 5 to 6 months. The response that I got was that there were no special circumstances and they didn't think ours was going to be too much longer. Don't get me wrong, I would go tomorrow if I could. I just had it in my head that it would be October at the earliest. Now I need to finish unpacking, get 3 children settled in, school starts(24th) and get my Mother in-law here and leave the country in possibly less than 3 weeks. It may not happen but I have to be prepared. There is the panic!