Tuesday, August 25, 2009

We Got The Call!

Remember that panic, well it was founded. Today, during a team meeting for my foster children my phone rang. Silly me, I just assumed that it would be Jeremy and I would give him the busy signal. Then I saw the area code and I knew it was Children's Home Society. I answered the phone and I heard Peg's voice say, "Your babies ready!". My eyes began to fill up and all three women just looked at me wondering what was wrong. After a minute, they realized what the call was about and they all got excited. They got to witness a moment that not many people can say they have experienced. I was happy to share it with them. After I hung up, we continued with the meeting. Although I must say I was only in it in body not mind. The phone calls commenced after everyone left. Of course I had to call Jeremy first. Then I called Tim at Federal travel to start working on reservations. My mother was next and all of my facebook friends found out too. I am not sure of the actual date yet until we hear back from Tim. We are trying for Sept. 9th but I am going to be a little bit flexible for cost. I am not going to put up one of those cool little count down clocks like I did for Jyly because the time is too short. I will put up a since clock once we get her. I will update everyone as soon as I have a departure so stay tooned!

Monday, August 17, 2009

An update and moment of shear panic!

If you have been following us on our new adventure, you know that Jeremy and I have been working toward our foster care license. Well, in the last 2 weeks we have finished up our training and moved on campus into the CASA home. We started transitioning our 3 foster children over last Friday. The children are 2, 3 and 4 years old and will spend their first night with us tonight. The first day, they spent an hour and a half here and did not want to go back to the shelter. Each day, we extended their time here and they are getting very excited about their new rooms. I decorated them with pretty floral bedding for the girls and cars and trucks for the boy. We can't wait to get them settled in and into a routine. So here is where the moment of panic comes in.

Every week we receive emailed program updates from our adoption agencies. This morning, I opened up the update for last week. Between the 10th and 14th, our agency received 1 new referral for a baby boy. 2 families accepted referrals and 1 family got their travel call. Here is the panic. The family who received their travel call only waited 3 months. That means their paperwork went in around the 10th of May. Oh wait, ours went in the 15th of May. Immediately, I email my agency to find out if there were any special circumstances that allowed them to get their travel call in 3 months when we were told 5 to 6 months. The response that I got was that there were no special circumstances and they didn't think ours was going to be too much longer. Don't get me wrong, I would go tomorrow if I could. I just had it in my head that it would be October at the earliest. Now I need to finish unpacking, get 3 children settled in, school starts(24th) and get my Mother in-law here and leave the country in possibly less than 3 weeks. It may not happen but I have to be prepared. There is the panic!