Thursday, July 24, 2008

The homestudy update is underway

If you have never adopted before, then you do not know that an adoption requires the blessing of a social worker saying that the family is suitable to care for the child to be adopted. We already had that approval for our adoption of Jyly. Now we need to update that report to reflect a new child, country and address because we no longer live in New Hampshire. We now have a local agency and the ball is rolling.

If you are looking at that little chip in widget, you may have noticed that the total hasn't changed. It's still at "0"! Well, that is not a great thing but it isn't as bad as it seems. Only the paypal funds will be reflected there. I have received a few checks but we still have a long way to go.

I got an update from Korea last week. Peanut is in the 3rd percentile at just about 12 lbs. The report from the cardiologist was excellent. She still has a very small hole in the muscle but the hope is that it will close in time with medication. She may still need another surgery as she gets bigger due to the shunt but that is understandable. The best news was that her little extra foot responds to stimulus. As soon as I can change my focus from fundraising, I have the contact information for 2 doctors at Scottish Rite Hospital in Dallas that I am going to try to speak with. I am hoping that there may be a possibility of transplanting that little foot at some point. At the very least, we need to find out about having it removed.

Keep watching for updates!

4 comments:

Hilary Marquis said...

Oh I love homestudies! Those visits are the only time my house gets a really good cleaning all at once rather than a room or two at a time ;) I'm glad that peanut's update looked good. I'm anxious to see what the doctors have to say. We are all so excited for you. My mom was near tears when I showed her the photos and told her Jyly was going to be a big sister!

kk said...

Jyly must be really excited. I know she can't wait to have baby Aubee home.

Karla

smileysk8 said...

I am excited to follow along on your new adoption journey!

Butch and Tracy said...

I am glad I found your site. We are considering a SN baby from Korea also.

I will be following along!